bamberg

bamberg
Bamberg, Germany

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Introduction to CLAM

Hello fellow CLAMers! My name is Halley Connell and I will be studying in Bamberg Germany this spring semester. My semester's start and end dates are a little later than most- I begin March 1st and the program ends August 15th. So basically January and February are my "summer vacation" months. So while most are probably gearing up to head over to their new schools in the next days, I will be biding my time in Charleston- counting down to March 1st.
After watching the two tutorial videos on the blog and the course in general, I have become even more excited about my coming experiences while studying abroad. I know that I will see so many new places and meet so many new people. And what better way to remember all of my new experiences than to have a class that's assignments are to further explore and document our travels.
As a history major and German minor I am especially excited to explore Germany's rich history. I have already compiled an overwhelmingly long list of places, museums, and sites that I want to visit while abroad, including the Berlin Museum, Checkpoint Charlie, etc. They will hopefully provided great photographs and material for the CLAM's different assignments. Of course, I am most excited about simply understanding German culture and meeting new people.
CLAM's unique course requirements will provide me with the great opportunity of sharing my adventures with other students, and being able to learn about other cultures that my fellow CLAMers are also exploring.
Only 44 more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment