bamberg

bamberg
Bamberg, Germany

Friday, February 25, 2011

Digital Photographs

Since I have STILL not left for Germany, I had to manage with using Charleston as my subject for all my photos. Fortunately for me, Charleston is a great place; rich with culture and sights to see. I chose to photograph the street that I used to live on. Because I am a girl, I ended up focusing on flowers... sorry guys.
I tried to incorporate the different photography principles presented in the video tutorials. For instance, the vertical shot vs. the horizontal shot.




vs.










In this instance, Iprefer the horizontal shot to the vertical one. I find the multiple flower boxes more aesthetically pleasing. I used the same angle to photograph both pictures and tried to eliminate any empty space in the photograph. I also applied the 1/3 theory to the photographs so that the subject, or flower boxes, did not seem arbitrarily placed in the photos.

This last photo is of one of the flowers inside the flower box. I chose to use a tight shot and a different angle- straight on. It is interesting to see how all the different photography techniques can make one simple set of flower boxes into a complex mosaic of images.

No comments:

Post a Comment